Sunday, May 19, 2013

A Little of This and a Little of That

I just finished a design featuring one of my favorite historical "stitchers". Can you guess who it is???





Betsy's House
Plum Street Samplers
36 count Vintage Examplar using called for fibers

Betsy's House was such a fun stitch. I only wish the fabric color was showing up better. The fibers are so beautiful on the Examplar.  I just love stitching "patriotic" pieces this time of the year, don't you?? It's not know for sure if Betsy Ross made the first American Flag, but I'd like to think so, all the same!!!

Another little piece that I caught my fancy this Spring is Bouquet Violettes Et Myosotis from the Collection Tralala.  I stitched it on 36 count Edinborough Flax and used the DMC conversion. I'm planning on having it made into a flat fold.






I really enjoy collecting and stitching all the Island Cottage Needle Arts Hearts. This is the Spring Heart Hop Hanging Ornament. It's stitched on 35 count Beige Weeks Dye Works fabric with the called for fibers, buttons, beads, and ribbons. My finisher always does such a fantastic job finishing these for me.


 



Here is the Love Notes flat fold from Plum Street Sampler that she finished for me.



Like I said, a little of this and a little of that. Hope you all had a wonderful weekend and found time to stitch.
Linda

25 comments:

  1. Love Betsy's House! All your pieces are lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I cannot pick out one as a favorite as they are all great! And lucky you to have a finisher who matches your tastes and professionalism in stitching

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful finishes! Congratulations.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your Betsy's House finish! The violets are so pretty. Your finisher does wonderful work. What a compliment to your wonderful stitching.
    Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love all your fun finishes!!!!!!!! Betsy's House is especially sweet :-).

    ReplyDelete
  6. Linda ~ I LOVE your finishes! bring them on the 15th please (-: Can't wait to see them in person!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous work! I think the Tralala piece and the bunny are my favorites!

    Tricia

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my!!! So beautiful! I love Betsy! Love all your finishes -- you always have such eye candy for us to enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  9. ooOoo! So very nice. I especially like Love Notes.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I always love the designs you choose to stitch, Linda, and these are no exception. I'm particularly taken with the darling bunny heart--you and your finisher make a perfect team!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Linda -- Oh my -- all your finishes are beautiful! I can't believe how fast you stitched up Betsy. I better get moving if I want to have her finished before the 4th of July!

    I just love the Tralala piece -- gorgeous colors.

    Can't wait to see them in person!

    ReplyDelete
  12. always beautiful things going on in the Crowe's nest ! take care Melody

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful finishes! Love your stitching and your blog. Do you mind me asking who your finisher is? Is she for hire?
    Thanks so much!

    ReplyDelete
  14. A little of this and a little of that = a lot of good looking!

    ReplyDelete
  15. All so beautiful, Linda! Love all three!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Absolutely amazingly stupendously gorgeous!!! Can't wait to see everything in person!!!!! You are my idol!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh! I love Besty's house, it's so pretty.
    I just bought it, so now I have to start after seeing yours.
    Your finsher does a awesome job on your stitching beauties
    Take care

    ReplyDelete
  18. What beautiful finishes! Love your Betsy and TraLaLa finishes. The colors are great. And your finishes are beautiful. I too am curious who your finisher is! I never get around to doing my own.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Wow! Such gorgeous finishes! I really love the violets chart. Violets are so delicate and pretty! Your finisher does a fantastic job! I love that idea of braiding ribbon!!

    ReplyDelete
  20. OH I just love Betsy's house. Your stitching is just perfect. Your heart finish is just fabulous! Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Oh, I love each of your stitched pieces, and I love the way they are finished. Most beautifully!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Oh my beautiful for sure! Each and every stitch :)
    And that heart is stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Gorgeous finishes, Betsy's house is particularly lovely

    ReplyDelete
  24. I don't know which of those pieces I like most! They're all wonderful!

    ReplyDelete